Thursday, June 14, 2012

An Oily Day

Yesterday I shot my anti-oil campaign shoot at Sebastian Beach in Lantzville. We started out early at 8am at Rachelle's house. I brought the girls, sorry models, coffees and we sat in the living room painting nails and flipping through past issues of Paris Vogue for inspiration while Rachelle's Great Dane/Lab, Benson, kept us company.

Benson observes the fine art of nail painting.

Then each model took their turn at the makeup chair while Erika swept on blacks and golds across their eyelids and bronzed their pretty cheeks.

Erika does her magic on Shena

Prep time took a little longer than I thought, but then it always does. Every one tried on different outfits to see what would work best on them. It's often difficult to judge what will work when you're piecing through thrift store racks. Sometimes you come across amazing finds and then you say to yourself, "I hope this fits!". I was lucky that each girl wound up wearing what I had originally planned for them.


The whole morning the sun kept intermittently peeking out from behind the clouds. By the time we got to the beach around noon the sun is fully out, but there is wind!

All bundled up!


All the models were so into the shoot. Even little Sam, who had to leave early because she was feeling under the weather, got all made up and sat for a few shots.  What a trooper! 
Teresa, a seasoned surfer, was used to cold waters and didn't hesitate to jump at the opportunity to go in the ocean. Rachelle and Shena both followed suit soon after.

Teresa and Rachelle dunk their heads in to get that beach hair look.

I had fun, the girls had fun. I hope if nothing else people spread the word on what's happening on our coast. I love shooting at the beach and I cannot bear the thought of it covered in actual oil.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...