Friday, April 27, 2012

A Fisher's Delight

Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky at morning, sailor's warning. Well, I cannot recall if the sky was in fact red that morning, but it sure did kick up a storm by afternoon. I could only shoot one ensemble because of this. However, the weather did give the photos a certain sea-fareing mood. I do think I brought home a good catch for the day even with the weather. Mika seemed very at home by the sea; perhaps it was her biology background. I chose an oversized loose knit sweater to resemble a fishing net 
and Jenna twisted Mika's hair into a perfect fish-bone plait. 








I applied heavy silver and blue eyeshadow to elicit shiny scales and highlighted Mika's cheeks with a flash of red--the color a salmon turns during spawning season. 















All Photos © 2012 Aviva Stein-Wotten

All clothing Gap except chunky green sweater and tights, Model's own.

Hair:  Jenna Madill at Flip Side Hair Salon

Make-up, Concept and styling: Aviva Stein-Wotten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...